Friday, April 12, 2019

Critical Reflection

At the very start of the module, my learning goal was to improve and refine my English, so I can better prepare myself for the workplace in the future. Through practice in writing and speaking in class, I am able to polish my presentation skills and improve my writing skills. After the 13 weeks of lesson, I realized I am more cautious about my tenses and grammars usage in writing report or article. The evaluation from the professor and my peers had helped me to spot my mistake, hence I can amend my mistakes and learn from the it. I will strive to read more articles to further improve my English skills and to broaden my knowledge.

During the beginning stage for our project, my team and I are facing difficulty in settling on our research project after getting various feedbacks. I had never done any Technical Report before thus it was fairly new for me, hence I am glad that my team and I were able to come together and completed it together. However, our research title is still very heavy, we are facing multiple challenges with our topic as there were very few journals available online. I am blessed to have my fellow team members (Kelvin, Ben and Sufiyan) helping me along this learning journey, and I appreciate the hard work that they had put in.

I enjoyed the showcase as the presentation showcase had given me the opportunity to see different presentations from the other groups and different classes. It was a unique experience as I am able to watch and learn from their ideas. The performance of all the teams are fantastic, but there is one team that stood out the most, it was Grayspace. Their idea was clear and concise with visuals explanations, it helped to visualize and clearly shown the engineering problem with their solution. In my opinion, the way Grayspace present are very good because they are giving sufficient verbal explanation and visual aids to complement their presentation slides. In addition, I think their idea is really suitable and applicable to Singapore. Last by not least, I want to thank all the classmates and the professor for the past 13 weeks, I had learned a lot from the lesson and the showcase, and I wish to apply those skills in the near future for my internship and my future workplace. 



1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Dylan, for this comprehensive reflection and for all your efforts this term.

    ReplyDelete